Sunday, March 15, 2009

My first go at CQ!

Hi everyone,

Today I had a chance to finally sit down and try to put my first CQ blocks together (did I mention I've never CQ'd at all??). So here are my first 2 blocks:

The block on the left was my first attempt. On the second block, I added the lace in the middle. I could probably work on perfecting fabric size, shape and placement, but I think I will stick with these for the rest of the lessons. In the future, when I'm a bit more experienced, I can look back at these and learn from them. I don't want to waste too much time perfecting lesson 1 or I'll never make it to lesson 2, which is all printed and waiting by my bed for my nighttime reading!

3 comments:

  1. Kristin, what beautiful fabric, all looks like silk, you'll have fun making your stitches on it. The colors are so nice and eye appealing. Libby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like the shades you chose, and can just see lots of beautiful stitches and button clusters! You did a wonderful job for your first block...way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Job...like the spring colors, nice background for some silk ribbon flowers.

    ReplyDelete